Power Corp is a diversified holding company with investments in Great West Life (insurance), IGM Financial (personal financial services such as mutual funds and financial advice), Pargesa (engineering and infrastructure), and some media properties.
I have owned Power Corp in the past, with good results. Indeed, I only sold it when I made a strategic move away from stocks to ETFs.
- The P/E Ratio is 12.54, which is less than the historical average of 15.21, and the Graham Number is $32.13
- The Dividend Yield is 4.43%, and the coverage is 180%
- Forecast Growth Rate is 13.25%
- The Gordon Return (Dividend + Growth) is 17.68%
- The Margin of Safety at current prices is 8.3%, which is a tiny bit low.
I would have liked to wait for a pullback to $25.80 to obtain a Margin of Safety of around 10% but I believe the stock has put in a bottom at around $25 and is moving higher.
- Buy POW.TO @ $26.20